Knowledge Of Fentanyl
It is a synthetically made drug, having a potency that is 50 to 100 times better than morphine. Post-surgery is a painful experienced, as well as, cancer treatment to relieve this intense pain Fentanyl is used. If other pain relievers fail because the body become accustomed to it, Fentanyl is the go-to drug for its efficiency and potency. As a result of its potency, there is a high risk of addiction of become addicted. Taking overdose of the drug may be needed to have the same initial euphoric feeling for those who are addicted to Fentanyl.
Now is the time for you to take the necessary steps to quit the drug.
Many forms can be taken by the Fentanyl to fulfill patient's needs.
Some popular brand names and forms are
- Actiq - The form of Fentanyl which is available as lozenge placed on a plastic stick taken under tongue just as is the case for a lollipop.
- It can be used by military officers and people who are using pain reliever.
- Duragesic - It is a Fentanyl patch that was used first in 1990s.
- Used to deal with moderate to severe pain and its effects persist for as long as 3 days.
- Sublimaze - Usually given in hospitals at times coupled with analgesics, it is the injectable preparation of Fentanyl.
- Used to handle pain before and after surgery.
- Subsys - Subsys deliver immediate pain relief and are a sublingual spray administered under a patient's tongue.
- Treating breakthrough cancer pain is one of its purposes.
- Abstral - Abstral is the quick-dissolve tablet version of Fentanyl that is administered under the tongue for immediate pain relief, it is also used for opioid-tolerant patients with breakthrough cancer pain.
- Lazanda - A form of Fentanyl nasal spray that is applied in the same way as the common nasal decongestant spray.
- Mostly used to deal with pain in cancer patients.
Fentanyl blocks the pain receptors in the brain and increases the production of the happiness-inducing chemical dopamine. Apache, China girl, China white, dance fever, TNT and crush are some of the street names for Fentanyl.
In case you or someone close to you is abusing Fentanyl don't hesitate to ask for help.
Fentanyl Misuse And Effects
Fentanyl is a drug that comes with a massive risk for addiction and abuse, regardless if it's a prescription.
The possibility of using the drug excessively can cause the possible outbreak of health issues as a result of using this drug recklessly.
An intense euphoria and sense of relaxation similar to heroin "high" are experienced by those ingesting Fentanyl at unprescribed levels.
Fentanyl abuse shows symptoms such as
- Laboured breathing
- Head pain
- Fuzzy vision
- Inability to pass stool
- Nausea and sickness
- Skin irritation
The abuse of Fentanyl is dangerous for those who have developed a tolerance to other opioids. Those who respond negatively to pain relievers may increase their chances of using the drug recklessly.
By abusing Fentanyl it could result in respiratory system failing which can end in a fatal overdose.
The combination of Fentanyl with illegal narcotics like heroin or stimulants like Cocaine amplify the damaging side effects of this drug. It doesn't matter if Fentanyl was prescribed or taken recreationally, this drug is volatile and it considered to be a lethal drug.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Indications Of A Fentanyl Addiction
Fentanyl has a huge effect on the central nervous system, resulting in high levels of dopamine flooding and chemically affecting the brain with time. As a result of some of the neurochemical alterations, one who is prescribed for Fentanyl could end up being dependent on the drug and they could opt for illegal ways of acquiring it after they finish up on their prescribed dose.
From abuse to full-blown addiction, OPRs like Fentanyl can escalate.
It has a higher likelihood of accidental and intentional abuse since many patients do not believe OPRs like Fentanyl harbour significant additive potentials like heroin or other street drugs. Problematic behaviour like building a habit or suffering withdrawal symptoms is completely understood by the healthcare professionals therefore they are able to quickly and efficiently able to make diagnostics.
Get a good understanding of a Fentanyl addiction
Treatment For A Dependency To Fentanyl
Cutting out Fentanyl by going "cold turkey" can be an unhappy procedure although rarely life-threatening. Those who are addicted to it mostly have developed physical dependence to it and they could end up having a withdrawal. To help those addicted quit Fentanyl, specialized treatment centres offer inpatient and outpatient resources.
Fentanyl withdrawal might vary in the nature of its severity based on the levels of use as well as the preferred form of the drug, this ranges from intense chills, sweating and restlessness.
Users are still vulnerable to potential relapse despite the typically non-lethal nature of Fentanyl withdrawal. During detoxification, professional medical supervision can reduce the odds of relapse.
Getting Control Is Possible By Calling Us
It is challenging to overcome a Fentanyl addiction, but regardless of this, you can defeat this. There are various support groups across the country to help you overcome your addiction. Begin breaking your addiction today.