Is Methadone Necessary
The sedative Methadone cannot be written off as it has high potential to create extreme addictions and causes heavy withdrawal manifestations.
When someone has a desire to use opiates, like heroin, that is when Methadone is used, as it helps manage them. Its use as a prescription pain reliever has become increasingly popular in the recent decades.
Its benefits are greater than its risks when it comes to curbing addictions to other opiates like heroine.
The side effects that Methadone has on patients has not been emphasised enough by the medical community.
Methadone Usage And The Side Effects
Methadone is most normally given orally, through pills or tablets. Some abusers just outright ingest the pills or crush them to concoct an intravenous recipe. Common known harm associated to intravenous use of Methadone are transmission of diseases via needle sharing and the deterioration of the vein. We are here to assist you now with your Methadone dependency when you want to gain control of your life again but can't do it on your own.
Feasible Effects Of Methadone
- Trouble with breathing
- Fuzzy vision
- Cramping and muscle pain
- Queasiness or regurgitating
- Physical discomfort
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Spotting A Methadone Addiction
Methadone abuse certainly transforms a person into a bad version of himself. It pays to identify if you're loved one is on it or not, although it's hard to stay objective if your are the one abusing Methadone.
One should look for warning signs somebody's conduct changes drastically and this is often followed after beginning or increasing doses of Methadone.
Look out for the following
- Raised Threshold For Drug Usage -
- This may be manifested with an increased dosage required for the patient to feel the effects of the medication.
- This is among the first manifestations but is not set in stone.
- The Presence Of Withdrawal Symptoms -
- Severe withdrawal symptoms are common in habitual Methadone users when then stop using the drug.
- Manifestations can range from depressive states to spasms and sleep deprivation.
- Putting Methadone Above All Else-
- Methadone addiction can be identified by the prioritizing of the drug over social and family responsibilities.
Withdrawal From Methadone Use
The unpleasant side effects of quitting Methadone are similar to those of heroin because it is commonly used to slowly disengage heroin addicts from the drug. Sources have even indicated that the withdrawal symptoms from Methadone are worse than the problems faced when giving up heroin.
Potential symptoms of withdrawal
- Stomach ache
- Hot or cold chills
- Excessive sweating
- Bowel obstruction
Beating A Methadone Addiction
It can be a challenging task for you to give up the use of Methadone which you could earlier have used as and killer or a method to deal with a difficult addiction.