What Is Addiction To Painkillers All About
Within the United States alone, recommended analgesics belong to a group of substances with the highest level of dependency. Across the country, millions of prescriptions for pain relievers are signed and several users develop a dependency to these pain relievers on their dose that has been prescribed alone.
An individual's recommended portion can herald a dependency on analgesics. Since painkilling medications are prescribed in America very often, so, these drugs commonly cause addiction because of their nature (they bring euphoria); what is more, dependence on painkillers forms very quickly. It is important to locate a treatment centre that is correct for you so call 0800 772 3971 today.
it is an addiction when there is a dependency both physically and mentally. If the user uses pain relievers for an extended time, he/she can develop a physical addiction.
Physical dependence implies developing tolerance and having certain symptoms in case of withdrawal. When an individual persists in the usage of an analgesic notwithstanding the dangers involved, then such a person suffers from a mental obligation to use the drug.
Data On Analgesic Dependence
Developing an addiction to pain relievers that have been prescribed happens more often than one might expect.
Below are some disturbing insights for painkiller manhandle, as per the National Institute on Drug Abuse
Do not worry if you are currently fighting painkiller addiction because there are many people and programs that can help you overcoming the addiction. I you are willing to recover and are ready to take the first step towards it, you definitely will recover.
Frequently Used Analgesics
- Codeine belongs to opiates but is less potent than other ones; easily available with a prescription, codeine is used for relieving cough and pain, from mild to moderate.
- Codeine is popular with young abusers, who combine it with sweet drinks, making a mix called sizzurp or purple drank.
- While codeine is considered as a substitute drug, it can also cause pretty dangerous effects.
- Darvocet / Darvon this is a propoxyphene-based painkillers which caused many to collapse and admitted to hospital. Some were dead because of this drug. Therefore, it is not banned by the FDA.
- The distribution of most of these illicit drugs has continued till today.
- Demerol - Though it is not often used in recent times due to the high possibility of a user relying on the drug, Demerol is used to alleviate painful sensations of varying intensity.
- Demerol is the brand name for meperidine and causes a high just like morphine.
- Dilaudid - This analgesic is extremely potent often going with alias 'hospital grade heroin'.
- Dilaudid is available in extended discharge tablets, and is very hazardous for individuals without a resistance to opioids. Abusing this drug can rapidly prompt to breathing issues or results in death.
- Fentanyl A synthetic painkiller 100 times powerful and addictive as morphine, fentanyl is only used to treat serious agony when patient becomes intolerant to opioids.
- A perilous outcome consisting of overdose related issues endures when fentanyl is combined with other analgesics as well as heroin.
- Hydrocodone - It can be found in drugs like Norco and Vicodin and is a primary ingredient in several strong painkillers.
- The Food and Drug Administration has given the go-ahead to clean hydrocodone medications, but it is also commonly mixed with ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
- All these drugs have an alarming level of an individual depending on them.
- Methadone A prescription drug belonging to opioid group, methadone is used to relieve moderate to severe pain, as well as to mitigate craving for other opiate narcotics, including heroin, in addicts.
- Methadone remains addictive, regardless of the fact that it is used to help treat other addictions.
- Morphine it is considered as a saviour for those in severe pain. It is a very strong opiate, though.
- Individuals who use morphine are likely to become dependent on it and besides it is the cause of so many drug related deaths.
- Oxycodone - Commonly sold under different names like Percocet and Oxycontin, it also belongs to the group of drugs that have a high dependency ratio and it can easily be obtained over the counter.
- It's highly recommended drug by doctors to curb pain and has a high potential for manhandle.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Locating Treatment For Painkiller Addiction
A dependence on painkillers can incapacitate, costly and hazardous. There are experienced and qualified hands that could help one get over a dependence on analgesics with the number equalling those suffering from this form of addiction. Getting help from a treatment centre will increase the rate of recovery success significantly. It is highly recommended to get help from one of the treatment centres to help you become clean. Several treatment centres with trained addiction counsellors and successful therapy programs are available. To assist you to locate the ideal remedial centre for you in getting your life back on track, all we will require is your area of residence, budget and any other specific request you might have in mind.