Getting To Know Speed In Brighton
Amphetamine Sulphate is classified as a Class B drug and is known as Speed in the streets. At times speed is used to refer to other kinds of amphetamines.
Being a stimulant it offers the user an increased level of energy and alertness.
Below are other well-known impacts and risks associated with the use of speed.
- Unusual energy level often manifested by being talkative.
- It is used because it energises people to be active participants in several activities for a very long period without exhaustion; dancing, engaging in conversations and going out are some of such activities.
- Speed may also cause people to become delusional sometimes, because of the hyperactivity of the mind that makes the person hallucinate.
- The heightened emotions are typically succeeded by a gradual decline that makes one irritable and gloomy.
- Speed causes strain on the heart thus one risks heart problems - and it has resulted to deaths if taken in high quantities.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
The Consequences Of Using Speed According To Drug Rehab Brighton
Speed heightens the emotions of users, makes them vigilant and full of vigour, on the other hand, it can make people nervous and violent.
The other effects derived from speed use are
- Speed causes over wakefulness, electrifies people and make them gossipy.
- Those who like to party for long hours find the energy they need for speed.
- Previously, amphetamines were the major constituents in diet pills because they are capable of quenching hunger.
- Speed can also leave users feeling panicked, agitated and psychotic attacks (referring to a mental state under which people see and hear non-existent things and hallucinations)
The Risks In Taking Speed According To Drug Rehab Brighton
There are dangers associated with taking speed.
It is very important to take note of the following health and life risks when taking speed
- It can be hard for you to relax or sleep, depending on the quantity you used.
- When the high is over, the resulting low may result in very little energy and inability to focus in class and can last many days.
- Speed exerts pressure on your heart, so it's certainly not reasonable for people with hypertension or a heart condition - addicts have lost their lives by using excessive amounts.
- The infamously dangerous and fatal combination of speed with alcohol and antidepressants.
- Speed is also known to mess up your immunity that it would make you more prone to contract diseases and even developmental issues such as psychosis.
- Speed injection in particular is very dangerous.
- Overdose occurs quickly with infusions.
- Speed is typically very crude, so other constituents apart from amphetamine enter the bloodstream.
- Injecting can also bring injuries to veins and arteries and may bring ulcers and even gangrene (that's when parts of the body begin to die).
- Some dangerous infections like hepatitis and HIV/AIDS can be transmitted through the shared needles, and other paraphernalia used when injecting speed into your body.