Knowledge Of Stimulants
Students and athletes are among the most frequent abusers of Stimulants while attempting to boost performance. They equally catch fun with it.
Stimulants improve cognitive function and alertness by stimulating the CNS. Prescription medications or illicit substances such as Cocaine are included under Stimulants. Abusers commonly snort, inject or take the substance orally.
Get assistance now, if you have a Stimulants addiction. Always remember that you have friends to help you on your road to recovery, seek help now call 0800 772 3971.
Prescription Stimulants Brands And Names
Regulated Stimulants are being used by medical practitioners to treat the symptoms of ADHD, narcolepsy and even obesity. Amphetamines and methylphenidates are the popular Stimulants. Effects of abusing these Stimulants are particularly similar; however, there is a molecular distinction between amphetamines (such as Adderall) and methylphenidates (such as Ritalin). Based on the soreness and length of time, drug recommendations are made for patients using either amphetamines and methylphenidates.
Recommendable commonly used Stimulants
- Adderall - Adderall was approved in 1960 and is presently the most famous ADHD treatment drug and the most commonly prescribed amphetamine in the United States.
- Dexedrine is applied for ADHD treatment, it was legalized in 1976 in the market by the US.
- These drugs are popularly used by the US.
- Pilots were aided to keep themselves awake in the air force throughout the World War II and through Gulf war.
- Ritalin - was approved in 1955, this drug has been used in the treatment of hyperactive children.
- This is another variant of the Stimulants called Methylphenidate which is different from Dexedrine and Adderall.
- At the molecular level, Amphetamines and Methylphenidates are different but both substances have a stimulating effect.
- Concerta - This is a new drug used to treat ADHD and was only approved in the year 2000.
- Although it shares its molecular structure with Ritalin, its intensity and the length of time that its effects stay in the body.
- Desoxyn - a methamphetamine used under order.
- This drug was the first used to treat obesity and has been around since 1947.
- ADHD is also cured with this prescription.
- Ephedrine - for asthma patients, Ephedrine is generally applied to repress the urge to feed and medicament; it produces the same symptom as other excitants.
- It is frequently available over the counter and is commonly used as an ingredient in clandestine meth labs.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Stimulants Addiction And The Effects
Thanks to the fact that this type of substance tends to develop a dependency they are a Schedule II drug according to the Controlled Substance Act. The use of Medicated Stimulants is violated monthly by over 900,000 US citizens.
Below are some immediate effects of Stimulants to the body
- Loss of urge to eat
- Increased stamina
The common reason in abusing prescribed Stimulants is to achieve enhanced performance. This is why Stimulants are so used by athletes and students, to stand out.
Dopamine, which is an ecstasy-imposed chemical in the brain, is formed in huge quantity by Stimulants. The body loses its normal capacity to produce this hormone or neurotransmitter with prolonged use of Stimulants. An addiction can easily come about as a person may want to enjoy the 'feel-good' effect more often.
Cocaine, crack, and crystal meth are the most commonly known Stimulants and are commonly abused. These illicit derivatives create similar effects as the prescription drugs.