NHS Or Private Rehab?
Private residential facility is better treatment option for many people. In most cases, admission can be performed within a day. Admission into private rehab treatment program is made easy depending on the mode of payment through available funds from individual or insurance policy cover. Getting an NHS admission to a private treatment facility is also an option.
Who Can Apply For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
All United Kingdom residents should be able to apply for addiction treatment through the NHS at community based rehabilitation centre or private facility which is free of charge at the point of delivery. To qualify for NHS funding at a residential rehabilitation centre you'll possible have to provide evidence that you have tried to get in local community-based treatment options first. Depending on the readiness of your local dependency team to fund your rehab, getting into residential treatment might take numerous weeks.
Get referral to the nearest alcohol and drug action team from your GP.
Pros And Cons
- Flexible plan of treatment;
- Admission Criteria in just 24 hours
- Treatment done on one site with help of available equipment use;
- Patients have similar staff members taking care of them during treatment period.
- So that patients can focus on recovery we will take place in a safe environment away from temptations and worries.
- Strong bonds are formed with therapists and other patients in the therapeutic community;
- Visiting accommodations are in some cases provided, visiting times and facilities to talk on the phone or get letters from loved ones;
- Art therapy, equine therapy, fitness, gym and other correlative therapies are usually available;
- Aftercare programme;
- Costs more than NHS rehab treatment program.
- Not always protected by health insurance.
- Free of charge;
- Accessible to everyone;
- It is near to your home, family and local community;
- Lengthy admissions process;
- Won't not be referred to private recovery;
- Different treatments might be provided at various clinics/facilities;
- The more you have the access to drugs and liquor including life distractions, the more it will affect your recovery.
- There is a more limited access to personal therapist.
- Patients are not entitled to similar therapist/staff care during treatment program period;
- Building vibrant outpatient network is difficult but not impossible to achieve;
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Alternative Of NHS Cross Border Treatment
It takes months to organise the admission to private rehab centre via the NHS or local addiction centre in UK even the result is uncertain. Similar admission process into residential private rehab is fast and efficient through EU cross border healthcare authority support initiative program.
For UK based patients all information about that option can be found on the Drug Rehab Brighton site.