Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Admitting a dependency and pledging to attend a rehabilitation programme can be challenging initial steps on the road to recovery. Fear of the unknown usually keeps many away as they are not sure of how they will fare throughout the treatment programme. Majority of the questions you may want to ask about the addiction rehab process have their answers given below.
Your struggle to completely recover from alcohol addiction is made less difficult when you have more information about addiction - including the cost of each programme, how long it will take, and the possible outcome of the programme.
What Is Addiction Rehab?
For people struggling with addiction, rehabs treatment programs are designed to help. Rehabilitation can assist an addict to work towards a wholesome, content and drug-free lifestyle.
What Happens In Rehab?
In rehab, treatment is tailored to each individual. Usually, it will involve a combination of medical detox, group and individual therapy, relapse education and prevention, and planning follow up care before completing the program in order to maintain sobriety.
- Detoxification Any successful recovery programme must start with detoxing the blood of drugs. The cleansing removes drugs and other harmful substances from the body. Whilst the detoxification experience will differ significantly according to the particular kind and frequency of substance used, several substance withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable, if not threatening. The correct treatment in a medically supervised detoxification programme can ease the pain and risks linked with the process of detoxification.
- Therapy For Drug Addiction Psychological and other social-therapy counselling continue to be a part of therapy after the cleansing is done. There are individual and or group therapeutic sessions for addicts, aimed at helping them understand and solve the major reasons why they are addicted. The best way to pick out situations of risk and triggers, remain sober for long and learn how to avoid relapse are explained to the addicts through some treatment programs.
- Aftercare As a man advances with recovery and nears the finish of a recovery treatment program, staff will work with the patient to build up a proper aftercare arrangement. When the need arises, sober living plans, ongoing therapy and the use of support groups may be applied here.
How Long Is Rehab?
Rehabilitation programme has no mapped out duration for everyone. Numerous rehabilitation centres offer 30-day programs. Some people will need longer 60 or 90 day programs or even a long term admission of an inpatient treatment centre to help them maintain a steady path toward recovery. The substances abused, how severe the abuse is, the addiction history, the spiritual, cultural, social, emotional, mental and physical requirements of the addict are all considered when experts are searching for the rightful duration of treatment for an addict.
In studies, it's been discovered that patients who are in treatment for three months or more have a better chance of long term sobriety. Rehab programmes that last a longer amount of time work on the cause and resultant actions of the addict and give the patient ample time to work on living without the substance.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
No, addiction is not curable, but it can be managed successfully. No matter how long the rehab programme lasts, the addiction to drugs and alcohol does not end with it. Addiction recovery is a long, perpetual process. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to learn how to manage an addiction every day without using.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
During rehab, patients are taught how to get over the intense yearnings for drug and overcome the desire and threats of setback. People will also learn how to handle daily struggles when recovering from addiction and how to cope with situations or people that may have added to or worsened their drug abuse in the first place.
However, group or individual therapy sessions may be needed for complete healing, and may be coupled with support group gatherings or 12-step attendance. A few people observe extra exercises to be important for supporting their progressing recovery. These exercises may incorporate contemplation, yoga, work out, or artistry to give some examples.
Several great treatment programmes provide their own aftercare programmes, or work together with you to devise a concrete plan for aftercare before leaving treatment to assist with supporting effective long-lasting recovery. Aftercare is so important that many studies have shown that it can help prevent relapses.
What Happens If I Relapse?
Sobriety is a lifelong journey so relapse shouldn't be seen as a failure, but rather an obstacle that needs to be overcome. It offers a chance to re-evaluate your path and get back into a programme that gives the assistance and support required to stay sober.
Many recovering addicts find themselves entering rehab more than once before they can stand firm and continue on the recovery journey. You are the only one who can control your dependency, and rehabilitation will assist you to get the required expertise to stay sober.
How Much Will Rehabilitation Cost?
Addiction rehab programmes can differ significantly when it comes to cost. There are those who provide five-star treatment to their patients and end up charging more to cover the extra amenities, staff and so on.
Because inpatient programs provide therapy, food, lodging, and recreational activities, they are typically more expensive than outpatient programs. Outpatient treatment programs differ in their offerings including exceedingly organized, serious outpatient programs, weekly gathering and individual counselling sessions and free care group gatherings.
The cost of rehab can be effected by the following factors
- Amenities provided - These can incorporate many variables that guide the recuperation procedure, for example, gourmet food, private rooms, animal-assisted therapy, acupuncture, massage, and yoga.
- Length of program - The duration of each program is very essential in determining the cost of the programme. Amid your admission session, an instructor will talk about the measure of time suggested in treatment for your absolute best at long haul recuperation.
- Area - Treatment centres in more luxurious settings will cost more than traditional centres. The commute to the centre can also be included into the cost, particularly when the centre is located far from your home.
- Kind of Program - Since the patient lives in an inpatient facility which is staffed with medical professionals around the clock, they are typically more expensive than outpatient programs.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
While rehab price may look prohibitive to some, the addiction itself has much more "costs." Dependency can be expensive because of
- The cost of medications
- Loss of efficiency at work
- Legal fines
- Medical accounts for mental/physical health problems linked with dependency
Addiction "costs" clients in different ways as well, extending from the crumbling of connections to general despondency and weakness.
Is Insurance Welcomed?
Protection is frequently acknowledged at medication recovery programs. However, the facility in question will determine whether to accept the insurance or not. It is wise to confirm with the service before you commit yourself for the programme as some insurance covers only cater for only part of the cost of accommodation or medication.
When your insurance plan doesn't pay for the cost of rehabilitation, you can explore other payment methods with the centre you have selected. The program may offer sliding scale instalment alternatives or financing arrangements to make the cost more reasonable.
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
A lot of people travel to a rehab away from their home for treatment. The advantage here is that users are taken away from that particular environment where drug and alcohol abuse happen, which is their home.
In such a distinctly isolated area, those going to recovery can completely concentrate on their dependence issues, free of outside diversions or allurements from work, family and companions.
For those attending outpatient programmes, it might be better to go for one nearer home. A close by rehab centre can help you strike a meeting point between your home chores and treatment programs to avoid much stress on you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient and outpatient centres are different in a lot of ways, from the cost, intensity, environment, and support structure in place through the whole process.
Inpatient offices are recovery centres that offer 24-hour care from staff faculty. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. Both of these require patients to live at the centre.
Because the patient is under care for 24 hours, they can receive an intensive form of therapy than at any other kind of programme. Because patients don't face the stress of daily life, they can usually work through their addiction issues a little better.
Group and individual therapy, medication assisted treatment, and even special therapies like meditation or outdoor activities can all be offered in rehab.
Inpatient rehab centres are always sought by people who suffer some co-occurring mental and health issues, multiple substance abuse and chronic addictions. It might also be a great resource for individuals who have completed previous rehabilitation attempts (either outpatient or inpatient) and have in the meantime relapsed.
Addicted patients visit the treatment facility for treatment, counselling, therapy and return home after every session. This structure gives a man a chance to proceed with a great extent unobstructed work, school or home life while looking for treatment. People with mild addiction, or at the onset of a substance abuse and those with home and work commitments they cannot get away from are best suited for this type of arrangement.
Outpatient programs vary from centre to centre. In some cases, therapy can last a whole day while in others just an hour or two. Outpatient treatment is usually less expensive than inpatient care because there are fewer amenities and fewer hours to staff for direct care. There is no need for patients to pay for the 24 hour care because they can get home after treatment each day. Numerous protection arrangements may cover a few or the greater part of the cost.
Contact us at 0800 772 3971 for further information on the different forms of treatments offered by these two types of addiction treatment. Our rehab placements representatives can answer your questions to help you figure out what rehab fits best with you and your needs.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
While you may encounter some dread of losing your employment in the event that you go to recovery, you may, truth be told, probably lose your occupation if you don't get assistance. When you're battling with a drug abuse issue, the possibility exists that your employer already thinks it probable that you have an addiction. By maintaining a strategic distance from enslavement help your battle may in the end get to be distinctly obvious since the results of your substance misuse may make your work implementation enduring.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. Under these decrees, it is illicit to fire employment as an outcome of a worker looking for treatment.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Several inpatient programmes demand that you take some time off at your work. You can use any of the many available options to help with this. Some of these options are
- Employee Assistance Program An EAP is a non-compulsory programme through the company that employs you, which offers private evaluations, restricted counselling, and a referral to treatment free of charge to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Most employers will give you up to 12 weeks of time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which grants you unpaid time off with no effects to your health insurance coverage to seek medical treatment that affects your ability to work. You will gain a lot if you understand what is obtainable in your firm as this area also cover cases of addiction.
- Paid Time Off Another choice is to use any vacation, sick, or personal time to get the time away from work to go to rehab.
- Executive Rehabilitation Facilities There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Treatment Finally, an outpatient programme offers another possibility for treatment for any person who cannot take time away from his/her work or home and who might require a more cost-effective option than an executive rehab. However, there are lots of 24-hour residential treatment programs that offer concentrated care, and they are more appropriate for those suffering chronic addictions and relapse issues.
There are a lot of ways to get help despite job responsibilities and treatment will only benefit you, your job, your health, and your life in the long run.
Luxury Treatment - What Is It?
Luxury restoration offers much a greater number of civilities and luxurious surroundings than standard rehabilitation centres. To ensure the highest level of privacy for patients, these rehabs are situated in secluded locations. Luxury rehabilitation facilities may offer holistic packages, adventure treatments; gourmet meals suppers arranged by expert cooks and creative recuperation therapies.
The executive rehabs are normally preferred by public figures, celebrities and company executives because of the privacy and the amenities, coupled with the fact that they want to be with their likes, however, any person who can pay for these out of pocket, with insurance, or with a combination of both may use them.
How Can I Locate A Rehab Program?
Figuring out which rehab is best for you can be an overwhelming process but there is help available to get you the answers you need. Call us on 0800 772 3971 and talk to our rehab placement counsellor to help you in assessing available treatment programmes for yourself or a loved one, or if you would like to compare available options.