Seeking Help With Dependency Therapy
There are many options of treatment available which allow you to comprehend what generated your addiction and how to develop a recuperation program to keep sober. You don't need to be told how deadly this ailment can be if you are a victim of drug or alcohol abuse. When a user accepts they can't manage their addiction by themselves then it is time for them to seek help from a professional counsellor.
Contact us on 0800 772 3971 in case you need assistance to find a therapy program that offers addiction counselling services that are perfect for you.
Counselling is one of the vital components in a treatment program.
A counsellor establishes a therapeutic alliance with the patient to help him achieve the ultimate goal of sobriety. To aid your wellness and soberness, you are allowed to choose from the many obtainable treatment options that will serve you.
Roles Of An Addiction Counsellor
Knowing what is responsible for your dependency on a drug allows you to begin developing situations which result in long-term sobriety with the help from a well-trained counsellor.
Inpatient and outpatient therapy programs depend on individual and group counselling information to prescribe the right treatment.
The counsellor will engage your loved ones or other addicts in the recovery plan by discussing with all of you as a group.
Group sessions are venues where both the patient and the family or loved ones are educated about contributing factors to addiction. The patient can start making meaningful post-treatment programs once these dysfunctions are recognized.
The functions of addiction advisers;
- Treatment programs providing unbiased emotional.
- Identifying the addiction problem by using one to one therapy sessions.
- Conduct regular drug tests.
- Prepare a personalized treatment approach to suit the patient's circumstances.
- Assisting you develop an aftercare plan based on the care applicable to you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Qualities Of A Good Dependency Counsellor
Any adviser creates a proper therapy plan for every patient as he is skilled in this area. A good counsellor listens to the patient with understanding to determine cause and action.
Having trust in each other is an important ingredient that will lead to the success of the program, and that is the objective of first discussion with the counsellor.
Addicts are helped to open up to them through the good qualities and feelings of the counsellor as some of them are ex addicts too. The major problem of the victim will be known, once the adviser cooperates with this technique. The patient's problem might persist, that's why this technique is very helpful in discovering the primary issues.
If there are psychological issues, he should be able to identify it and find a solution to it. However, the ultimate desire of a good counsellor is commitment in bringing long lasting solution change to the patient's sober life.
What Are The Obtainable Treatment Options
There is a range of therapies made as an addition to the usual addiction counselling sessions. Based on the therapy facilities, we have;
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- These therapies make use of real-time demonstration of brain function to observe the levels of muscle tension, blood pressure and heart rate.
- Patients are guided through this technology to control their thinking so as to overtake the mental pressure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- This leverages the connection between what we think and what we do, making CBT a very potent weapon in overcoming dependence on a drug and social anxiety disorder.
- Using CBT, counsellors are able to identify trigger points that drive you to drug or alcohol abuse and substitute negative with positive healthy living reaction to life.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- One of the qualities that an addict needs is the courage and inner strength to cope with challenging conditions, this can be achieved if the addict is treated with DBT.
- Health problems like eating disorders and Borderline Personality Disorder can be eliminated using DBT, it also enhances interactions and personal outlook.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Awareness
- You can discover excitants, monitor stress feedbacks and in-depth relief method through these three treatment options.
- The secret behind this treatment program is to relax individual state of mind to identify drug craving behaviour patterns and treat addiction dependency from its root and not from the symptoms.
- Holistic Therapies
- Holistic treatment facilitates recovery together with traditional methods that encourage patients to draw strength from within.
- The hidden problems and feelings of the patients are disclosed through this means unlike the traditional treatment method that somewhat make it hard for them to disclose their hidden problems.
- Other forms of therapy used in treatment centres are yoga, art and animal therapy.
High quality treatment centres provide additional types of therapies which treat the whole problem, with the end result in guiding the patient into a lasting recovery.
Why You Need Addiction Counselling
You may not think that you do not need dedicate yourself to addiction counselling.
Don't be deceived, you can't adequately handle and meet standard professional addiction counselling process alone without assistance from qualified counsellor's support.