Getting To Know About Holistic Therapy
Holistic medicine helps patients overcome addiction to drugs when traditional methods are combined with positive changes in their lifestyles.
Holistic therapy treatments are used side by side to other treatments. The holistic therapy seeks to bring the whole being spirit, mind and body to function well together.
In treatments centres where there's holistic medicine, such methods as physical exercises, proper nutrition and meditation are used in order to help abusers stop the addiction.
The techniques of holistic medicine concentrate on the general person's health through traditional physical treatment of addiction is also present.
Some of the other practices include
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Spiritual healing
- Scheduled exercises
- Proper nutrition
- Psychiatric counselling
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Treating Addiction Using Holistic Therapy
Techniques customized to fit each client is used in this form of treatment. Holistic doctors treat not only symptoms of mental and physical addiction but also nutritional and emotional problems.
Sleeplessness, inadequate nutrition, and mental fatigue are among issues that holistic therapy can address in a patient. The needs of the individual guide the plans for the holistic therapy that is used.
Holistic therapy aims to assist in
- Discovering the cause of the addiction
- Overcoming the desire to use the drugs
- Encouraging physical exercises
- Boosting the self-esteem of the person
- Changing the person's perspective about the drugs
Kinds Of Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Methods of holistic medicine address various spheres of well-being, from physical to spiritual.
Mainly, therapy methods include the following
- Nutritive Treatment
- One of the key aspects of addiction recovery is a healthy body.
- Focus of addicts on healthy nutrition during treatment gives remarkable healing results.
- It is not too late to start taking a good nutrition.
- Exercise And Recreational Therapy
- When exercises are done every day, they help harden to labour, decrease tension and make the body more powerful.
- In many centres that offer holistic therapy, exercise is an important part of the treatment.
- Active recreations in centres may be different , but many of them include canoeing, mountaineering, horse riding and walking.
- Clear-headed patients are more successful in overcoming addiction.
- Mediation under professional supervision is offered in most treatment facilities.
- A number of centres are also offering yoga, and tai chi has meditative practices to help inpatient residents increase their focus and clarity to the mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- This therapy technique also seeks to relax the body muscles through massage.
- Acupuncture is also used in restoring the body of a long-time addict.
Traditional treatment methods always provide the basis on which effective holistic treatment programs are designed. Quitting alcohol and other central nervous system (CNS) depressants can produce severe withdrawal symptoms that need professional medical supervision.
Common techniques which are paired when using holistic methods includes
- Good medical care
- Personal psychological support
For support outside the treatment facilities, most ex-addicts join support groups like the 12-Steps NA and AA or 4-point SMART for continued emotional support and encouragement.
Identifying A Holistic Therapy Clinic Near You
Most holistic rehabilitation centres provide holistic methods both as their outpatient and inpatient treatments. The philosophy behind holistic therapy is simple. It aims to locate and maintain a balance in all aspects of life and is compatible with various addiction treatment methods. One can keep their health in check and still recover from the addiction when they use this and other techniques such as cognitive behavioural therapy. Relapses can be avoided by learning methods, which can help cope with emotional setbacks in a healthy manner.
Holistic treatment paired with psychological guidance and professionally undertaken detoxification, can cope with very difficult situations of addiction. You can find a treatment program that is designed based on your needs in many treatment centres near you.
Welcome to call us on 0800 772 3971 and choose a treatment centre offering holistic treatment.