What Can I Have With Me In Therapy
After deciding to enrol for a rehab it is essential to understand the kind of items you will be allowed to bring into the centres along with any private items which the treatment centres will not allow.
Treatment centres are enforcing stringent rules when it comes to contrabands and prohibited objects inside the facility. A list of allowed objects and forbidden ones is presented by most clinics.
The admission process begins as soon as you check in. Part of the procedure is the inspection of your personal effects to make sure that there are no contrabands and other prohibited objects are smuggled in. It is a habit with some centres to prepare a catalogue of the items which you bring in order to ensure that you do not leave anything behind when you leave.
Only the things that you really require are allowed in the centres. This policy though may differ from one treatment centre to another.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
How To Find Information About What To Bring
The rehab will always notify you of all the items that are not allowed in their facility. Alternatively, you can also look for the frequently asked questions [FAQs] section if the page mentioned above does not exist. Although not all centres offer a checklist, some provide the patient in order to prepare them prior to admission. Alternatively, you can get in touch directly with the rehab administrators. The staff will guide you on this matter. At the same time, they can walk you through and guide you on what to expect prior, during and after admission.
What Most Rehab Centres Recommend You To Carry
The things allowed in one rehab may not be allowed in others.
For the better part, you are recommended to carry the following
- Names, contact information, and addresses of people you want to be notified or involved in the process whenever required.
- Person ornaments that are used by the person.
- On the contrary, keep your valued objects at your dwelling.
- An alarm clock.
- You may even get some of the items already in the rehab and so you may not require to come with yours.
- You can also carry any prescription medications which you are presently using provided that they are in their original pharmacy bottle, and the original information from the label is intact.
- Medication in liquid form should be sealed and in the freshest condition.
- All this information should be provided before the patient is admitted.
- Some cash can also be carried in small amounts £50-£100 in smaller bills for vending machines and store runs.
- Bring along your credit cards or check book for settling the payment for new medications.
- Identification information.
- Call cards may be required in cases where long distance calls are accessible only through it.
- A notebook or newspaper.
- Stamps and envelopes if you need to mail post.
- Photos of your family members and friends.
- You will be provided with reading materials by the rehab centres chosen by you.
- You can bring your own, but rehabs usually allow books of some specific genre only like self-help, spiritually-oriented, etc.
- Small notebook are the best since they are not heavy.
What Attire Is Needed
Most centres for rehab adhere to a strict dress code, and therefore, it is essential for you to be aware about any restrictions, which may apply during the packing. You can prepare yourself by carrying a cloth that can be comfortable in all types of weather.
You have to bear in mind that the sizes of the rooms in the facility may not be as big as your room at home.
You should carry enough clothing for a week because you will have access to a laundry machine within the centres. Clothes that are easily cleaned are the best to carry.
Ensure that you bring following clothes and items that will make your week comfortable
- Shoes Bring the shoes that you feel comfortable in .
- Shirts Make sure you bring cardigans that should be worn with tank tops in order to respect the dress code.
- Shorts They have to be long enough to comply with the clinic's dress code.
- Carry a few clothes that will be used for important events.
- Bathing suits a one-piece for women and trunks for men is usually enough.
- A jacket.
- A bathrobe.
- A belt, if needed.
- Caps or hats, although they may not be allowed indoors.
Beauty And Hygiene Products To Pack
A number of centres require alcohol-free toiletries and personal products. Some may allow you to bring products, which do not have alcohol within the first three ingredients that are listed. No aerosols are allowed.
You should be taking along 30-day requirements of toiletries and beauty products, including
- Body sprays
- A toothpaste and toothbrush
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hair gels
- Comb / brush
- Products used mostly by females
- Shaving cream
Items Prohibited In Rehabilitation
There are some items that are never allowed inside the centres. This is because they might compromise the recovery process of the patient or even put their lives at risk. Please find below the list of objects that are forbidden, it may be different from clinic to clinic
- Alcohol as well as drugs
- Medicines that are not prescribed
- Foods and drinks
- Toiletries and beauty products which contain alcohol (mouthwash, perfume, etc.)
- Electronic cigarettes of any form of vape.
- Unapproved and previously opened medication (even if it is prescribed)
- Nail polish and other related products
- Video games and movies in any media
- Sport equipment
- Revealing clothing [tank tops, sleeveless shirts, midriff baring tops, etc.]
- Cleaning products (bleach, ammonia, etc.)
- Electronics [televisions, gaming consoles, etc.]
- Games and playing cards
- Clothing with profanity or references to drugs, alcohol or violence
While you might not expect certain things to be banned, like electronic products and sport equipment, but many centres do not allow them. However, the items are prohibited with the intention to help you to avoid distractions and to provide you an opportunity to remain focused on your recovery. However, some of the rehabs could facilitate you to get these equipments on some days.
No food and drinks from cooked or prepared by external sources are allowed. Three healthy meals, beverages, and snacks are provided by the centre. You will have to inform the centre if you have any special dietary requirements or allergies.
These Items Are Allowed By Some But Prohibited By Others
There are clinics that may permit items that are forbidden in others as every centre has its regulations. While a number of things are prohibited across-the-board exceptions may be made by some facilities for the following.
- Cell phone and Laptop
- However, the access of these items will be regulated as per the policy of your centre.
- The charges should be available in case you are allowed to have one.
- Some centres consider your personal smoking liberty hence they allow you to bring your cigarettes.
- You might not be allowed to bring more than a specific number of cartons.
- Vitamins and Legal Medicines
- OTC medications should be brand new.
- Gums too should be unopened and sealed during admission.
- Music Players
- Devices without speakers or Internet access may be allowed by some centres.
- Some clinics permit cameras without internet connection for those who love pictures.
- Throwaway or Electric Razors
- Because there is risk of injury, many centres don't allow them.
- Most of the times, throwaway razors are permitted.
- Nail Clippers
- Clippers are allowed although some centres consider this as a contraband.
- Things That Remind You Of Home
- You may have permission to bring your own bedding, pillows, and objects that help you feel relaxed.
- It is best to call up the rehab centre and check if they allow such items.
Can I Have Prohibited Items Back Later On
Your property will always be safe. The person who brought you to the centres will be requested to carry the prohibited item's back home by the rehab centres. Someone you trust can also come to pick them up from the facility. Other centres will just keep them for your and return the same once you have cleared the program and leave the centre.
You are likely to travel alone if you are commuting by air and so there won't be anyone to take the prohibited items home. You are therefore recommended to call your rehab centres before you leave home to double check their policies. In case you pack something, which is prohibited by mistake you will want to ensure that those items will be returned during some stage. They can either send them back to your place or keep them safe till the end of the recovery process.
Packing For Rehab To ensure smooth and easy process when checking in, just follow your centre's rules and policies about allowed items. The process becomes all the more simpler if you logon to the centre's website and save the packing checklist. Follow the general rule and try to pack light to keep it down to the necessities.
Get Assistance Today
You can guarantee yourself a more cosy life while in rehab thanks to the numerous clinics that let you do so. Look for top clinics that can suite your necessities with the support of our therapy experts.
Call us now on 0800 772 3971 for help in finding a centre.